MissionWhy we exist... To celebrate the health of the people of our region and to leave a legacy of HOPE for those who battle disease. Project Hope plans to provide educational outreach through schools, community organizations and churches; to communicate resource availability to victims of diabetes, cancer and heart disease; and to develop a sense of "community" with neighbors helping neighbors.
VisionWhat we do...
- Be a role model for a community health initiative for our region and beyond
- Help our people educate, thus assisting individuals in making better health choices.
- Be neighbors helping achieve an improved lifestyle through disease prevention, support and research cure.
- Focus efforts in Lee County and in the future expand to include the state of Mississippi and eventually throughout the US
- To annually contribute to the endowment fund through CREATE and provide continuing educational resources (oncology certification exams, diabetes certification, etc.) to healthcare professionals.
- Provide financial resources and emotional support to individuals diagnosed with catastrophic diseases such as heart disease, diabetes and cancer.
- Establish or supplement community health programs to decrease infant mortality through adequate prenatal care opportunities, to teach safety education in schools to decrease vehicular death, to increase community awareness regarding the risk associated with sedentary lifestyles, high blood pressure, obesity and tobacco use to help decrease the incidence of heart disease, diabetes and cancer.
- Sponsor the annual fundraiser Festival of Hope. The festival includes a survivors' walk; luminary event to remember those who have succumbed to diabetes, heart disease and/or cancer; education/counseling opportunities and other activities that provide fun, food and great fellowship for all ages.
- Work closely with North Mississippi Health Services Live Well Community Health Initiative, the Good Samaritan Health Services Free Clinic, the local school system and the religious community.